Ah! Gobble Gobble! It’s Thanksgiving Day and time to fall in love with it once again this year.
Thanksgiving is a special celebration all about love, togetherness, family gatherings, enjoying sumptuous Thanksgiving recipes and above all expressing sincere gratitude for all that God has bestowed.
Let’s drool over the 8 reasons to fall in love with Thanksgiving Day. Take these reasons to be thankful why we have this day in the first place.
- Giving Thanks: Traditionally, it is a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and expressing gratitude in general. This day reminds me of beautiful words by William Arthur Ward, which mom would often quote, “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?” So, be thankful for what we have and everything we have been given to live prosperous lives. Sincerely giving thanks not only helps in recognizing our blessings but it also unlocks the doors of heaven.
Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.
- Turkey: Although the story of the Turkey becoming the delicious part of the Americans is still shrouded in mystery, stories suggest that Turkeys were found in plenty in America, more than wild geese or chicken and were much more economical. Thus it was preferred to stay on the menu on this day. Although the Eagle has been selected as the national emblem and has the whole year to it, the Turkey, thanks to Thanksgiving Day, has one full day all to itself. Turkey has always the main attraction as very large number of Turkeys are consumed every year on this day, so relish this wonderful dish on this lovely day.
- Thanksgiving Day is a day dedicated to eating delicious food: On Thanksgiving Day, enjoy delicious Thanksgiving recipes like Thanksgiving Turkey and stuffing, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, gravy. You many even plan a Thanksgiving Turkey feast for loved ones. Do not worry about the calories you intake on this day. Eat as much as you want, to your heart’s content.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: Whether you’re watching from home on the television or you’re watching it live in New York, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is a timeless symbol of the holiday and something not to be missed!
- Pies especially the pumpkin pie: Just as essential as the Thanksgiving Turkey, the pecan, apple, sweet potato, cranberry and other pies too are essential. But of all, something that everyone loves the most is the pumpkin pie. Thanksgiving just isn’t complete without a slice of pumpkin pie, and this is what makes it the most popular dessert for this festive season.
- Spending time with family and loved ones: This is the most I love about Thanksgiving Day. As we get older, and life gets faster, the time we once had for our family tends to diminish. Thanksgiving Day is a great time to spend time with our families and create memorable moments with them as there is nothing in the world that can replace the time spent with families and loved ones.
- Football: From watching football all day long, to playing football if the weather permits, is another reason to fall in love with Thanksgiving Day. Fall in love with everything that comes your way on this Thanksgiving Day.
- 28 days: Last but not the least there are only 28 more days until Christmas!
Hope this day is a beautiful reminder of all the wonderful things in your life.
Till then, spread some love and cheer!
Happy Thanksgiving to all from our heart to yours!
NOTE: If you have a wonderful Thanksgiving story which we can share on this love stories section do let us know.