Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.
Oh, yes! Santa Claus is coming to town again.
The spirit of Christmas is all set to spread happiness and cheer around the world. It’s time to soak up the festivity of twinkling bells and sparkling snowflakes.
Christmas is the time when family and friends get together to enjoy this wonderful winter festival to decorate Christmas trees, sing Christmas carols, exchange Christmas gifts and celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Let me give you 7 top reasons to love the spirit of Christmas.
- Christmas Tree: – The Christmas tree is an integral part of Christmas any year. An evergreen conifer is always associated with the celebration of Christmas. It’s so thrilling to decorate the frost spiky shiny leaves of the trees that have a pine sweet smell with small green and red globes, hang beautiful tiny presents strung with rainbow ribbons on it, string colorful lights on the branches, and to spray a blanket of dazzling white fake snow all around. The smell and sight of the Christmas tree is truly the greatest gifts of Christmas. Phew! How can this lovely green tree be missed on Christmas!
- Christmas Gifts: The bells are ringing and the reindeer is on its way! Going out to the beautifully decorated malls for some attractive Christmas gifts is something that we really look forward to. The sense of joy that we get when we hear Christmas music being piped in every shopping mall, shopping for friends and family, receiving and sending Christmas cards to loved ones and the Secret Santa gift exchange programme where we try to keep their gifts a secret from them- really is the fun part for me about the festival. There can be nothing more exhilarating than this. To top it all can we forget the gifts from Santa himself. Every kid on the block is eager throughout the year to get this.
Take this day to get into the Christmas mood to send Christmas ecard to all your loved ones!
- Christmas Carol: Every year on the Christmas Day families gather around the piano and sing Christmas carols like the Silent Night, Joy to the World, Carol of the Bells, Jingle Bells and other carols with a cup of cocoa. This is one that is matched by very few other things in life. Snuggling in a blanket with family and friends, and humming your favorite Christmas carols can cheer one up immensely and will keep us at peace on winter nights. I love Christmas carols. Songs about food and drink, Santa and sugarplums and songs in Latin. Christmas carols sound the best when played on a bagpipe. Good King Wenceslas – I used to sing with all my friends in high school days is still my favorite Christmas carol. Wouldn’t you like to drool in one of them too?
- Christmas Decorations: The shimmering splendor of holiday lights – a simple string of fairy lights glowing, the entire place decorated with wreaths and garlands are enough to brighten even the gloomiest of moods. As Blue has become a very popular Christmas color, this year plan to decorate your living room with lots of bold blue bulbs and ornaments that contrast beautifully with the red and green Christmas tree. The Pine garland decorated with small ornaments would definitely make your fireplace stand out this Christmas.
- A Kiss Under the Mistletoe: Mistletoe is a parasitic plant which remains green throughout the year. But at Christmas, Mistletoe becomes a symbol of romance. Many ancient people have recognized these plants with magical healing powers and fertility. Some cultures even viewed it as an aphrodisiac due to the arrangement of its berries. According to the tradition, it’s bad luck to refuse a kiss under the mistletoe. After the kiss, the couple is to pluck one of the berries from the plant. Once all the berries are plucked out, the bough no longer has the power to command kisses. So in case you plan to hang a bough of mistletoe this Christmas, make sure it has plenty of berries on it!
- Vacation Time:The weather during Christmas really makes Christmas the perfect time to make plans with your family and friends. Wouldn’t you like to go to New York City where you could find a giant decorated tree, musical performances, and the holiday-themed windows at the department stores or Chicago for Christmas for its big city activities, like viewing the millions of multi colored lights and enjoying Chicago’s German Christmas market filled with holiday crafts, traditional wooden toys and German food and drink. It’s vacation time on Christmas.
- Another Reason To Stay Out Late: Attending all the bonfires and parties without any curfew is so much fun. Staying out late during Christmas time is what I love the most about the season and this is just another lovely reason to stay out.
Amidst the mirth and merriment, let the true spirit of Christmas, peace, forgiveness and goodwill fill your hearts. Let us all come adore Him.