Studies and surveys have taught us a lot about love, here is what some of them had to say.
- Hugs help you live longer: Couples, who talked about their relationship, watched a romantic video and then hugged for 20 seconds experienced lower increases in heart rate and blood pressure.
- Cuddling could cure headaches: Cuddling releases oxytocin, the “love hormone” which was shown to treat headaches.
- Kissing has also been measured to lower anxiety by reducing cortisol, a stress hormone; and has similar benefits to meditation.
Express your love with these romantic greetings!
- Couples can sync up their heart rates by looking into each other’s eyes. They didn’t even have to hold hands or talk for this to happen.
- Women who look at pictures of their boyfriends’ faces coped better with pain, compared to when they were asked to look at a stranger’s face.
- Love at first sight can happen in one fifth of a second and men fall in love more quickly than women!
- Falling in love can lower Serotonin, a calming hormone, to levels you will find in a person with O.C.D. ( Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- 23% of online daters say they ended up marrying the partner they met through dating site or app, so keep swiping!
- In Lowa, Vivian and Alice were married after 72 years of being together. Now that’s some true love and patience.
- And finally true love does exist!!
Keep looking out for more such romantic facts and let us know if you have a new one and if it is exciting enough we will add it here.
Till then spread some love and cheer!