Love is not just for young people, they can be a part of our lives at any stage, and as William Shakespeare puts it, “and one man in his time plays many parts.”
Today we bring to you some of these sweet and short love stories which are filled with so much feeling that they have the power to not only make you think and warm your hearts but also make you smile. You will understand there are many parts which can make up a love story.
1. Today I told my grandson, Alex, that when I was 18, I didn’t attend a prom because nobody asked me in high school. Later that evening my grandson, Alex, showed up, all dressed up in a tuxedo and took me as his date to the prom.
2. My grandfather has been blind from cataracts for almost 20 years. At eighty years he asked me, “Isn’t your grandmother the most beautiful woman on Earth?” For a second I paused and said with a smiling face, “Yes, indeed she is!”, and then I asked him if he missed seeing her every day. My grandfather had some lovely answer to it. He said, “I still see her beauty daily and in I see it more than I used to see it when we were young.”
3. I have an old Alzheimer patient, who rarely remembers his name. He even forgets what he just told a few minutes ago. The only thing what he does remember is who his wife is and every morning when she comes to spend some time with him at the hospital which is usually greeted with, “Hello my love Michelle.” Perhaps this is what truly the miracle of love is!
4. My seven-year-old son kissed me and hugged me so tightly today. He then said, “You are the best mom in this entire universe.” His reply made me smile from ear to ear. I then asked him sarcastically, “How do you know? You haven’t even met each and every mom in this entire universe?” My son hugged me even more tightly and said, “Yes I have as you are my entire universe”
5. Today, this afternoon, I had gone for jogging to a park near my house. Just when I was about to sit down on a bench to take some rest, I saw an old couple parking their car under a maple tree. After rolling down the window and playing a soft instrumental song, the man got out of his car. He went to the other side to open the door for the woman and helped her get out of the car too. Just after that he knelt down and with a ring on his hand asked the woman if he would marry him again!
Hope you had fun reading these short and sweet stories. There could be many more such heartwarming stories which can be explained in so little words. If you too have some short stories to share, do let us know.
Till then, spread some love and cheer!