With just a few days away for the Hug Month, plan to surprise your loved ones with warm hugs.
There is nothing in the world more comforting than a warm tight hug and sometimes, a hug a day is all that we need! But, did you know a hug a day could keep the doctor away! Is there a better medicine on the planet if this could keep the doctor away?
Hugging is naturally sweet and is healthy for the body, mind, and soul. It is a natural way to show somebody you think they are great. A hug from your loved one is also a perfect cure for a bad mood.
Science says hugging is a powerful way of healing and besides helping you feel connected and close to people you care about. It turns out that hugs can bring a host of health benefits to your body and mind.
- Health benefits of hugging: When you have hugged your heart rate slows and your blood pressure is lowered. Oxytocin (the bonding hormone) is released when you give a hug. It is especially helpful if you’re feeling anxious.
- Safety boosts with hugs: The nurturing touch of a hug builds a sense of safety and trust which eventually helps with an open and honest communication. That’s what happens when you hug a child; it reassures a sense of safety in him and brings him close to you.
- Hugging helps spread happiness and elevates mood: Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one’s serotonin levels, creating happiness and elevating mood. Haven’t you seen a smile on someone’s face when you have just given a hug?
- Hugging gives an immediate surge of acceptance and connection: Hugging is emotionally healthy too. As mentioned above, the act of hugging releases Oxytocin- “the bonding hormone” in our brains. Oxytocin is the same hormone that is released when a mother gives birth, giving her and her child an instant bond. So, when we are hugged, we feel an immediate surge of acceptance and connection.
- Hugging even helps relieve stress: Today’s world is a stress. With every advancement of technology, there is a mental, physical and emotional stress in everyone’s life. A good squeeze can lower levels of cortisol- a stress hormone- in our bodies. This would help your mind calm down and deal smoothly with different types of stress and stressful activities.
WOW! So many benefits with just a hug a day!
I wanted to get a jump-start on this wonderful month and give each one of you a warm- long hug from afar!
I’m looking forward to experiencing this warm and sweet month and I recommend giving more hugs as part of a healthy lifestyle as it is a miracle drug!
While I can’t be there to hug each and every one of you in person, I hope you hug each one coming your way and help ease their stress levels for once atleast. Make everyone is your life happy.
Have a great hug month ahead.
No matter how you celebrate this month, make sure to spread smiles by sending warm hug ecards.